Monday, February 25, 2019

The Great Outdoors.....so many options, so much fun!
The two cards on the outside are created using the By the Bay Stampin'Up! set (CASED from Barry and Jay of Mitosu Crafts, UK).  This technique of masking and sponging creates a unique night sky with light effects on the house and water that make you feel as if you are right there soaking up the beauty of the night time coastal wonders.
The center card is my creation from the SU set, Let it Ride.  Over the past few years I have developed an avid love of horses and their majestic beauty and grace.  This is my first attempt with this set and I am loving it.  Again I utilized the masking technique to create the background.  I wrestled with the decision of whether or not to color the horse, but somehow leaving it white enhances the mystery of his freedom to run with the wind.
On a more personal note: re my love of horses.....
Each year my cousin, Lee and I vacation with our husbands, usually in an area that is abundant with Fly Fishing resources for their adventures.  Then she and I always find a stable and venture out on an amazing ride.  Each place has been so unique and challenging in it's own way....but, the most amazing ride was in Alaska in 2016.

Here we are on the very top of a mountain overlooking the clouds and the lake below.  It is a very good thing that these horses had posed here before as we are on the very edge of that ledge and it is a LONG way down.  The beauty from that elevation was extraordinary.  The smiles on our faces illustrate the pride in ourselves for being so brave and accomplishing this challenging ride of a lifetime.
So ends my post for today, leaving you with smiles and Blessings from the woods!

No comments:

Post a Comment